its to smart >:(
A simple, cute retro version of classic Chess made in Pico-8. Full implementation of the Chess rules(*) with a juicy interface and some basic AI to play against. Created as part of the Chess Jam 2018. Lexaloffle thread is here.
* Note: Game will not recognize draw by Threefold repetition
- You might need to click the window to gain focus
- Use the cursor keys to move the cursor
- Use the X, M or V key to select
- Use the Z, M or C key to cancel
- Making Chess in Pico-8 - #4: Chess Engine Tuning64 days ago
- Making Chess in Pico-8 - #3: Chess Engine Basics69 days ago
- Making Chess for Pico-8 - #2: Juicyness77 days ago
- Making Chess in Pico-8 - #1: Design85 days ago
- Version 6Jul 09, 2018
- Version 5Jul 05, 2018
- Version 4May 07, 2018
- Version 3May 02, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
As someone who only plays a game of chess every now and then, this jam submission was a real challenge for me - the A.I. didn't feel so basic at all. :D It's always impressive for me, what's possible with PICO-8. The entire UI felt pretty slick, the pixel art is lovely, a high amount of polish is in there. <3 That's why I wrote a little recommendation article about your game on our blog and also uploaded a video, where I tried to win a round... ... ...Of course I had to re-do 'some' of my turns, cough cough. Great work!
There is no game here. Just a screen telling me to go to a website. So going by the "game" that exists here on itch: 0/10 keep that bullshit on kongregate.
That's weird. How are you playing the game? Did you bring it up in the Browser or by some other means? Can you post a screenshot?
Edit: Nevermind, I think I figured it out. Game was interacting weirdly with the Itch.io App. Uploaded a new Version that should fix this. Be sure to click on Update in the App.
It's a relief knowing that you weren't being scummy and it was just a bug. Your patch worked and the game is just as excellent as when I first played it on the pico-8 website. 0/5 -> 5/5 we're doing it live
Simple but fun.Nice work!
Very good! Cute and the animation and sonds are spot on!
Love it! Feels and plays so smooth :)
Great game! Good job :D