Yeah the game did feel slightly too random when I played it yesterday, so I'm glad you've added things that eliminate this randomness alot!
Beta 2 - Difficulty Tweaks
Thank you for all the warm feedback on the first version of High Stakes. As mentioned in the description, I intend to continue development on this game a little further. So your comments are valuable in charting my course.
I just uploaded Beta 2. Here are the changes:
- Games against Vampire 1 and 2 now begin with [+] tokens already on the board. This is to alleviate situations where players would receive no guidance and uncover a Vampire early. This felt understandably frustrating.
- Games against Vampire 1 now no longer have [□] tokens. This is to ease new players into the game with a smaller rule set.
- Added credits screen. Skippable with any button.
- Fixed a bug where players would be stuck watching the Blood indicator tick down if they started their first round too quickly.
Additionally, here is a roadmap of the features I'm still planning to implement:
- In-game tutorial and help tooltips
- Double or Nothing Bonus Round if you win more than three rounds
- Intro and Outro / Light narrative elements
- Vampire Mode if you beat the game (Infinite Mode)
- Final Vampire will have an increased difficulty to make him feel more like a final boss
Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to see!