There’s a slight problem with the mobile controls, if you double tap a button, for example the left arrow, the browser will register that as a zoom, and zoom in.
A juicy remake of Breakout/Arkanoid with 15 levels and a high-score list. Created as part of a long-running video tutorial series. If you want to learn how to make a game like this, check out this playlist.
How to Play
You control the pad at the bottom of the screen. You need to destroy the bricks by hitting them with a ball. If the ball leaves the bottom of the screen you lose. You need to move your pad left and right to keep the ball on the screen.
If you move the pad while you hit the ball, you can change the angle of the ball's trajectory. There are also different powerups, which appear when you destroy a blue block.
- Use the cursor keys to move left or right
- Use the X, M or V key to confirm (X)
- Use the Z, N or C key to cancel (O)
- Orange = Slow - Slows down time
- White = Extra Life - Gives you an additional extra life
- Green = Sticky - Makes you pad sticky. It makes the ball stick to the paddle so you can launch it again
- Blue = Expand - Expands the size of your pad
- Black = Reduce - Shrinks you pad but also gives you a 10x score modifier
- Red = Megaball - Lets the ball smash through blocks without changing direction
- Yellow = Multiball - Splits the ball into two balls. You only lose a life if you lose your last ball
Sudden Death - if there are only 3 bricks left when the ball hits the pad, the game goes into Sudden Death mode. Bricks will start blinking as they are about to explode. If you hit a brick while it's blinking, you'll get extra points.
Hitting multiple bricks in a row increases your score multiplier to a maximum of 7x. Hitting the ball with the pad resets the multiplier back to 1x.
Losing all lives resets your score to 0, but you can continue playing. For the highest score possible, try finishing the game without losing your lives.
For an additional challenge and even more points, press up or down on the start screen for Fast Mode.
Programming and art by Krystian Majewski from Lazy Devs Academy.
Music by Gruber Music.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thanks! Yeah, the Mobile functionality is new. We're still ironining the bugs out. Sorry!
This was a really great tutorial series. I was kind of frustrated at the fact that there's not that much documentation for TIC-80 other than the official wiki, but everything you went through in your PICO-8 tutorials was pretty easy to implement there as well.
Very nice love all the effects! :-)
Very well done. Nice, fun levels!
I like it cuz you just smash blocks and watch them break and you can throw a ball so many times!
Good game !